Friends of the CJC-Child Abuse Awareness & Support

A nonprofit organization

$50,310 Raised by 127 Donors

100% complete

$50,000 Goal

 Future home of the Solomon Children's Justice Center of Summit County

The Friends of the Solomon Children’s Justice Center of Summit County  (CJC) is a non-profit serving Summit County’s child abuse victims and their families, promoting the prevention of child abuse, and providing support to the CJC.

Since its inception in 2012, the CJC has served thousands of child victims and family members, providing the first point of contact in the investigative process and a safe haven for ongoing services. 

  • Only 2% of the perpetrators are a stranger to the victim, which means the other 98% are friends, relatives, caretakers, acquaintances, or family members.  
  • In Utah, 1 in every 6 boys and 1 in every 4 girls will be sexually abused before the age of 18.  
  • COVID-19 has only exacerbated the problem with more children being isolated from school and community activities

With your generous support, the Community for Children's Justice  completed a $2.8M capital campaign in 2019 required to achieve our initial mission: to provide a fully equipped facility for child abuse victims and their families.  Renovations are nearly complete and we look forward to moving the CJC "out of the basement" and into the new facility across the next few months.

We've also been hard at work revising our mission to expand programs for awareness, prevention, and expansion of services to accelerate the path to recovery for victims and their families.  Your contribution will help us launch this new focus on awareness and prevention as we proudly open our new facility in the community!


To learn more about the Summit County Children's Justice Center, visit http://summitcounty.org/593/Childrens-Justice-Center.

To learn more about Friends of the Solomon Children's Justice Center of Summit County (fka Community for Children's Justice), visit http://www.ccjsc.org or https://www.facebook.com/ccjparkcity/

Come back soon, both sites are due for an update :)


“The team of people at the Summit County Children’s Justice Center gave us the support we needed to face our situation. With their help we have been able to heal from the abuse my child endured. We are incredibly grateful our community has a resource like the Summit County Children’s Justice Center.

 -Park City resident 

 

 "The Summit County Children’s Justice Center saved my life. I was abused as a child and came to the center to tell my story. When I turned 18 I came back to thank them for the help they had given me. I want victims of child abuse to know they too CAN recover. "  

-Summit County resident


Campaigns supporting this organization

Organization Data

Summary

Organization name

Friends of the CJC-Child Abuse Awareness & Support

Tax id (EIN)

81-3706161

Address

PO BOX 683564
PARK CITY, UT 84068

How can we help?

Suggested articles

  • How does my nonprofit get started on Mightycause?
  • Why use Mightycause?
  • What is Mightycause?