EATS Park City is a food-focused nonprofit dedicated to empowering and growing healthier communities through fun, food, and nutrition advocacy.
In 2021/2022 EATS:
EATS achieves our vision of a healthier generation with:
• Providing supplemental weekend meals for food-insecure children and their families. Food insecurity can lead to lower nutrient intake, cognitive problems, aggression, and anxiety.
Having food to cook is only the first step. EATS also offers the following programs:
• Nutrition education, taste tests, and opportunities to create mindful relationships with food.
• Camps - Collaborative, creative all-day and multi-day cooking adventures for children.
• Cooking Classes - Curious Cooks - interactive classes that teach children and families of all ages to make easy & delicious recipes.
• Cooking Demos - A monthly collaboration with the Christian Center of Park City’s food pantry to demonstrate healthy recipe options made from food pantry items.
Gardens & Sustainability
• 2 greenhouses managed, 3 in development, and 8 hydroponic tower gardens at school and community locations plus 2 community garden plots.
• Pilot food waste diversion project diverted 2,160 lbs of food from the landfill to compost (yay Regenerative Agriculture) in a single month.
• Supporting the district’s Wellness Policy and School Lunch efforts to create scratch-cooked, delicious school lunch options.
• Membership on state level and local task forces supporting our community
EATS Park City was created in 2013 when community members began to raise concerns about the health and wellness of youth in the Park City community. They were concerned with the Center for Disease Control’s prediction that the youth in our country today is part of the first generation that is NOT predicted to have a higher life expectancy than their parents. They saw a need and set out to make a change.