BE PART OF THE PARK CITY LEGACY
***Every gift is 2x matched up to $25,000
- thanks to our generous matching donors!***
Preserving Park City's unique on mountain mining history for future generations.
Learn More: THAYNES HEADFRAME
Learn More: Silver King Headframe
Thaynes - from mining to skiingSliver King Headframe - Park City Mountain Resort
- Your gift goes directly towards helping Friends of Ski Mountain Mining History (FOSMMH) take immediate, essential steps to preserve the integrity of two collapsing historic structures: Silver King Headframe and Thaynes Headframe.
- Preserving these buildings means preserving a piece of Parkite history.
- Located on Park City Mountain, these structures are the highlight of the only ski resort mining history tour in North America: Silver to Slopes Historic Ski Mining Tour.
- The large buildings, the tunnels, shafts, boarding houses, and ore bins have always been a special, historical part of skiing in Park City.
No other ski area, in North America, has such a visual reminder of how the land was used in earlier times.
These properties create a sense of community, belonging and pride, and they communicate local values to the rest of the world.
THANKS TO YOU, FOSMMH HAS ALREADY SAVED THESE HISTORIC MINING STRUCTURES:
We recently completed Phase 2 of work on the multi-year project to save the Alliance Watchman's Cabin. Thanks to all of you who donated in 2021 and 2022 to help fund this work.
LEARN MORE ABOUT FOSMMH
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK
Friends of Ski Mountain Mining History is an all volunteer committee that is part of the Park City Museum.