Do you love a great story? How about sharing a laugh with your friends and loved ones or digging deep to talk about issues that matter to our community? Maybe you just love a big bowl of popcorn and seeing who's going to win in the raffle? Whatever it is that brings you to Park City Film we would love your vote of support on Live PC Give PC. Help us celebrate 29 years of bringing Indie film to Park City year-round!
There is no doubt that the world has changed over the past few years. But what has endured is the ability of art, and film in particular, to deepen our understanding of other cultures and communities and create an opportunity for collective human engagement. There is no greater joy for us than being able to bring our community together to laugh, cry, and be transported by stories on the Big Screen. Your donations and support on Live PC Give PC will help to make that magic happen!
2023 Programming Highlights and Theater Updates:
* New seats - increased comfort and accessibility with more transfer arms, wider seats, and more spots for wheelchairs.
* Improved sight lines in the theater so you can read subtitles for foreign language films and open captions more easily.
* New movie screen for your enhanced viewing pleasure.
* Raising Voices Film Series - a new program created to showcase and celebrate communities and cultures that have historically been underrepresented in the arts and create a platform for engaged community dialogue.
* Pop-up film screenings around Summit County - from Henefer to Hoytsville to the Park City Library Patio to Deer Valley Resort, Park City Film has been taking our screenings on the road so that we can engage more Summit County residents through the art of film.
* Cine en Español and Family Film Fest programs - two new programs created to better serve our Spanish-speaking community members and families with Saturday matinee film screenings each month. Presented in partnership with Park City Library.
* Reel Community Series, Made in Utah Film Series, Park City Film Series at Santy and all the community-based programming that our community has come to know and love over the past 29 years!
With your support this Live PC GIVE PC Park City Film will continue to thrive for another quarter century and beyond!
Thanks to a generous matching grant from the Promontory Foundation and Larry and Judy Brownstein your donations on Live PC Give PC will be matched up to $10,500 and used to support us as we continue to rebuild our audiences back to 2019 levels, as well as help fund our free community programs including the Reel Community Series, Raising Voices Film Series, Made in Utah Film program and our two new programs for families - Cine en Español and Family Film Fest. Your support for us comes back to the community in spades - so everyone wins!
What We Do...
Park City Film is Summit County’s only nonprofit Art House Cinema. Established in 1995, Park City Film is a vital, contributing member of the local arts community - enhancing the cultural life of our community for both locals and tourists seeking diverse cultural opportunities. We accomplish this through the presentation of a curated selection of independent, foreign language and documentary films in the historic Jim Santy Auditorium and pop-up locations around Summit County. Additionally, we program post-screening Q&A’s and panel discussions to deepen our patrons' understanding and engagement with the issues raised by the films we show; partner with local non-profits to offer free community screenings that help raise the profile of our partner organizations’ missions through film; provide special programming for children to promote cross-cultural understanding; and, provide opportunities for Utah filmmakers to hone their craft as well as showcase their work on the big screen. Our vision is to create an engaging and affordable arts experience for people of all ages and backgrounds - using film as a medium to entertain, inspire and educate our patrons and help Summit County remain a well-informed and engaged mountain community. Our mission is to create community through film.