One day of generosity turns into years of curiosity, innovation, & empowers the next generation!
raised by 0 people
In May of 2022, 492 students spent the evening making lightsabers from straws and batteries, experiencing what happens to soap in a microwave, learning about bioluminescence, and more.
Our teachers ignited a spark of curiosity and a sense of wonderment in the natural world. All with an evening of hands-on experiences bolstering our kids’ understanding of their world.
Support the Science Fair and STEM at McPolin!
Turn one day of generosity into years of ignited curiosity, innovation, and empower the next generation of scientific thinkers. STEM unleashes their creative potential!
- Inspiring Future Innovators: Ignite curiosity in young minds. Inspire creative thinking and understanding. Maybe even inspiring them to pursue careers in STEM fields and make groundbreaking contributions to society.
- Hands-On Learning: The Science Fair & monthly science projects promote hands-on learning experiences, allowing students to apply theoretical knowledge to real-world scenarios. These practical applications solidify their understanding and increase their enthusiasm for learning. “Get messy & make mistakes” - Ms Frizzle
- Building Confidence: Participation in the Science Fair gives our kids opportunities to safely challenge themselves to better understand their world through safe, hands-on experiences with their trusted teachers and parents. This experience empowers them to believe in their abilities and embrace new challenges with enthusiasm.
- Community Engagement: The Science Fair is a wonderful opportunity to bring together students, parents, and teachers. It fosters a sense of togetherness and shared interest in promoting education and scientific inquiry.
- It’s FUN: The inaugural McPolin Science Fair was an evening of engagement and delight.
The annual Science Fair ignites student curiosity, and regular engaging science projects in the classroom keep the creative juices flowing. In addition to supporting the Science Fair, we’re asking our parents, friends, and family to support our teachers and the cool, exciting projects they can do in their classrooms. These offer additional hands-on opportunities to experience science in action and are also tailored to students based on age and curriculum.
This fundraiser supports
Park City Education Foundation